Code of Conduct
PARKWAY SOUTH JR. PATRIOTS CODE OF CONDUCT
This contract is to cover the player/parent code of ethics and other expectations. Since this is a competitive/development league, expectations will be higher than what is typically required in a recreational league. As a member of this program, you and your actions will reflect on all the other members of the program and that of the program as a whole. All members are expected to act honestly, to treat everyone involved with respect and win and lose with grace.
Parents, Guardians, Spectators and Volunteers
Parents, Guardians, Spectators and Volunteers shall support and assist the players, coaches, parent representatives, referees, tournament/league officials. Parents and Spectators shall not "coach" and/or "officiate" and/or interfere with the event in any way. As a parent, spectator and/or volunteer, I agree to the following:
1. I will instill and encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, and officials at every game, practice or other sport events.
2. I will place the emotional and physical well-being of my child ahead of any personal desire to win.
3. I will conduct myself in a manner that best serves the interests of the players, team and organization.
4. I will respect the decisions of the coaches regarding any lineup, roster or playing time decisions.
5. I will not ridicule or demean coaches, players, referees or league/tournament officials.
6. I will follow the direction of the Coaching Staff and Parent Representative.
7. I will provide support for coaches and officials working with my child to provide a positive, enjoyable experience for all.
8. I will comply with the decisions of league/tournament officials and the Jr. Patriot Administrators.
9. I will support the rules, regulations and bylaws as established or endorsed by the Jr. Patriot organization.
10. I will not question a referee's call or address a referee in a negative way.
11. I will respect the opponent and avoid any confrontations with opposing players, spectators, referees or coaches.
12. I agree to inform the coach of any disability, injury or ailment that may affect the safety of my child.
13. I will not tolerate behavior that endangers the health or well-being of a child.
14. I will not be intoxicated while attending any Jr. Patriot Game.
15. I will be drug free while at any Jr. Patriot athletic event.
16. I will ask my child to treat other players, coaches, fans, and officials with respect regardless of race, sex, creed or ability.
17. I will remember that the game is for children and not for adults.
18. I will do my very best to make youth sports fun for my child.
19. I understand that I/we (parents) are never to go on the court or players bench (even if my child is injured) until summoned by an official, coach, or parent rep.
Players are expected to be responsible and accountable to the team. Be on time and ready to participate in all team functions, practices and games. As a player, I agree to the following:
1. I will be on time for practices & games.
2. I will always do my best; on the court and off the court.
3. I will be cooperative at all times & share team responsibilities/duties.
4. I will work hard to understand and learn the game.
5. I will be respectful to my Teammates, Authority Figures, the Game, Referees, Coaches & Myself at ALL times.
6. I will NOT mistreat or mishandle any equipment or property (e.g. including leaving my belongings in the gym after practices or games)
7. I will be positive and encourage my teammates at ALL times.
8. I will always show integrity and humility whether winning or losing.
9. I will accept the decisions of my coaches & the referees.
10. I will only address the referees in a positive manner.
11. I will be a leader on & off the field.
12. I will be the best I can be, so my team can be the best WE can be!
13. I will always conduct myself in a manner that upholds the Jr. Patriot Image (whether in/out of uniform, on/off the field) - I represent the Jr. Patriots wherever I go!
All members of the Organization are subject to consequences which may lead to discipline or possible termination of membership as determined necessary by the Parkway South Jr. Patriot Program due to failure to comply with the Code of Conduct. If a player is suspended from school, they will be suspended from all team activities and could be terminated from the program after their suspension has been completed. Resignation and/or termination of membership does NOT relinquish financial obligation to the team and/or the program. All members agree to abide to these rules as part of their registration in the program. It is the responsibility of all members to be familiar with the guidelines set forth in the Code of Conduct.
I, being the parent or legal guardian of a Jr. Patriot Football player, have read the Jr. Patriot Code of Conduct and agree to allow my child to participate in the Jr. Patriot Basketball Program and will encourage my child to obey the rules and regulations set forth in the Code of Conduct contract stated above. I also agree to follow the parent code of conduct as stated above.